Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WINTERSUN "TIME" NEWS!

Jari, Kai, Teemu & Jukki :
Hi everyone! It´s been a while.

I´ve been working very hard with the synths&orchestrations and I can finally say that I´m feeling very positive about finishing this long and gruesome task by christmas. So hopefully around the end of December I can finally start mixing the album. I still have a few vocal parts unfinished, but I will be singing them meanwhile I´m mixing.

The only problem about the mixing is that my current computer gear simply cannot handle these insanely huge projects. And the other problem is that I have no money for new gear. So we have discussed about this problem with our label&management and they have agreed to help us with an advance to buy new and more powerful computer gear, but only if we agree to play a few shows and show people that Wintersun is still alive. So after carefully weighting all the different possibilies, we think we need to play these shows to help the completion of the album.

The shows will be for now:

Metalfest (3 shows)
Metalcamp (1 show)

There´s lot of work and preparation to do for these shows, ´cause we have to update our live gear as well, sort out technical difficulties and of course rehearse the songs. This will most likely affect negatively with the mixing schedule, so I can´t give any predictions with that yet. I also need to try out the new computer gear first and see how it handles these projects. The software is still not 64-bit, so the "infamous 4GB RAM limit" might also be a problem with the mixing, since these projects already eat about 3GB without any plugins. But I will do my best to overcome this challenge the fastest way I can.

And no worries, these shows will definitely not be cancelled. So we are looking forward to you guys, see you at the gigs! Who knows, we might even play a one new riff... I mean a song! ;)
 
TRACKLIST:
No. Title Length
1. "Intro"   4:00
2. "Sons of Winter and Stars"   14:00
3. "Land of Snow and Sorrow"   8:00
4. "Time"   10:00
5. "The Way of the Fire"   10:00
6. "One with the Shadows"   6:00
7. "Storm"   13:00
8. "Silver Leaves"   10:00
9. "Outro"   2:00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Viking Followers


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com